The planner provides support to central planning management in developing high level forecasting production plans in adherence to the company’s budget and deadlines. The planner would also identify the production needs and set objectives and guidelines that would streamline manufacturing resources into achieving a smooth and efficient workflow. They must also monitor the progress of daily production operations, resolving issues when they arise as relevant.
1. Material Planning with focus on long lead time material and fabrication capacity
- Develop material plan to meet production and customers demand, monitors and expedites deliveries with supply chain group.
- Build and control monthly production safety stock or targeted finished goods/WIPs collaborating with production, sales, and management
- Monitor stock movement and material delivery schedules to ensure sufficient flow of materials and inventories within the plant
- Perform detailed inventory analysis and control inventories at approved stock level
- Keep track of materials inventories (including slow moving, dead stock), materials usage and customer’s demands for material planning and reports
- Overseeing end of life part replacement availability and intercept.
- Assist in preparation of material budget planning
2. Capacity Planning (internal manufacturing capacity)
- Work with production to perform capacity planning analysis activities in determining the supportable tools demand or forecast proposal.
3. Manage and reporting Handler/Pans/Kits shipment plan and material impact/mitigation plans
4. Keep track and report production performance
- Good verbal communication skill and able to work well with others
- Analytical thinking skills
- Persistence and determination, ambitious and desire to succeed
Position Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess at least a Diploma in Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years planning working experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in equipment manufacturing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning preferably in SAP