AEM is a global technology company delivering progressive solutions to complex testing challenges. We constantly seek new ways to solve the most challenging test issues.
At AEM, our employees are on the cutting edge of technology within the electronics test industry every day. If you are excited at the prospect of joining a global team, that is both exciting and dynamic and be inspired to change the face of technology, then AEM is the place for you!
Field Service Engineer
Perform wide-ranging customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of AEM equipment and systems to ensure proper working order. Works under moderate supervision following established policies and procedures to ensure company and customer quality standards are met. May act as Shift/ Site Lead to coordinate work direction for other Service Engineers as needed. This is an intermediate level position where work assignments are moderately complex in nature, requiring independent judgment and diverse problem-solving methods. May be assigned to support a specific site, Region, or Product depending upon business needs.
- Install, modify, repair and perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems while adhering to AEM policies, procedures and work direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
- Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels, as well as participate in customer operational/ status meetings.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at all times to AEM and customer’s work protocols and policies.
- Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined by your manager.
- Submit expected reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and expected by your manager.
- Productively react to changing priorities and support organizational and administrative duties.
- Train AEM and customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and projects.
- Required to work in a Clean Room environment wearing a full clean room suit according to customer requirements.
- Required to proficiently write technical documentation and manuals.
- Provide remote technical support to employees and customers.
- Work performed will generally be committed to supporting a specific site, Region, or Product depending upon business needs.
- Work schedule is to align with customer needs. Scheduling environment will be flexible to include Compressed Work Weeks (CWW), Night Shifts, and Weekends in an individual or team basis. On-call availability maybe required.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and above or equivalent. Minimum of 5 years related work experience desired. Masters degree in any engineering discipline preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Displays commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed and be available for specific emergency on-call work. Depending upon business needs travel can vary greatly to as high as 95% of the time.
- Must be qualified to meet the requirements of background screening by a third party agency.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
- Must be proficient with the use of a PC, Windows â, and DOS â based Operating Systems. Be able to use the company’s standard software to generate reports, presentations and document the daily activities as defined and expected by your manager.