Looking for innovators, gamechangers, and disruptors for the temporary role of Field Service Engineer 1.
We are curious, creative, and collaborative, embracing agility in the way we work and think, approaching challenges from all perspectives to fuel innovation. We have a purpose:
A Zero Failure World. As technology rapidly progresses and integrates with every aspect of how the world works, testing becomes crucial to mitigate the exponential risk created, and to fully realize possibilities of technological advancement.
Field Service Engineer
The FSE will perform basic/routine customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of AEM equipment and systems to ensure proper working order. Works under close supervision following established policies and procedures to ensure company and customer quality standards are met. Discretion and independent judgment are required resolving customer issues. May be assigned to support a specific site, Region, or Product depending upon business needs.
- Install, modify, repair and perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems while adhering to AEM policies, procedures and work direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
- Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at all times to AEM and customer’s work protocols and policies.
- Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined by your manager.
- Submit expected reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and expected by your manager.
- Productively react to changing priorities, and support organizational and administrative duties.
- Required to work in a Clean Room environment wearing a full clean room suit according to customer requirements.
- Work performed will generally be committed to supporting a specific site, Region, or Product depending upon business needs.
- Work schedule is to align with customer needs. Scheduling environment will be flexible to include Compressed Work Weeks (CWW), Night Shifts, and Weekends in an individual or team basis. On-call availability maybe required.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and above or equivalent. Minimum of 1 – 2 years related work experience desired.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Displays commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed, and be available for specific emergency on-call work. Depending upon business needs travel can vary greatly to as high as 95% of the time.
- Must be qualified to meet the requirements of background screening by a third party agency.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
- Must be proficient with use of a PC, Windows â, and DOS â based Operating Systems. Be able to use the company’s standard software to generate reports, presentations and document the daily activities as defined and expected by your manager.
AEM is a global leader in test innovation. We provide the most comprehensive semiconductor and electronics test solutions based on the best-in-class technologies, processes, and customer support. AEM has a global presence across Asia, Europe, and the United States. With manufacturing plants located in Singapore, Malaysia (Penang), Indonesia (Batam), China (Suzhou), and Finland (Lieto), and a global network of engineering support, sales offices, associates, and distributors, we offer our customers a robust and resilient ecosystem of test innovation and support.
AEM Holdings Ltd is listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange (Reuters: AEM. SI; Bloomberg: AEM SP). AEM’s head office is in Singapore.
Our Diversity Commitment
Diversity and reduced inequality are vital to our business success and integral to our people’s practices and culture. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and complying with all fair employment practices