Looking for innovators, gamechangers, and disruptors for the role of Cost Accountant.
We are curious, creative, and collaborative, embracing agility in the way we work and think, approaching challenges from all perspectives to fuel innovation. We have a purpose:
A Zero Failure World
As technology rapidly progresses and integrates with every aspect of how the world works, testing becomes crucial to mitigate the exponential risk created, and to fully realize possibilities of technological advancement.
Global supplier of technology solutions in the Semiconductor industry is seeking a Cost Accountant. The position is in the San Diego, CA area but will cover northern CA operations as well. Both companies are subsidiaries of a Singapore-based public company.
Cost Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and set standard costs of manufactured goods
- Assure inventory is costed correctly
- Determine cost of manufacturing overhead and incorporate it into the BOM’s
- Oversee SAP B1 implementation activities related to inventory and product costing
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by researching standard cost variances and inventory variances
- Maintain Bill of Materials in SAP B1
- Analyzes Inventory and Cost of Goods sold transactions.
- Responsible for periodic physical inventories.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Collaborates with local management as well as parent company Finance team to prepare analyze and provide COGS information as requested
- Monitor inventory accounts and balances – review for obsolescence
- Track R&D purchases and engineering hours by project
- Management reporting as requested
Smaller company work environment. General office hours, as well as occasional collaboration, calls with other team members. Some travel to sister company in Northern CA.
Cost Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Accounting experience with both large and smaller companies is ideal
- Cost Accounting
- Hands-on transactional accounting Cost Accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 5 years experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Experience in working in a larger company environment
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Excellent Benefits
- Professional/knowledgeable co-workers
- Friendly working environment
- Fast-paced – growth-oriented environment
Job Type: Full-time
AEM is a global leader in test innovation. We provide the most comprehensive semiconductor and electronics test solutions based on the best-in-class technologies, processes, and customer support. AEM has a global presence across Asia, Europe, and the United States. With manufacturing plants located in Singapore, Malaysia (Penang), Indonesia (Batam), China (Suzhou), and Finland (Lieto), and a global network of engineering support, sales offices, associates, and distributors, we offer our customers a robust and resilient ecosystem of test innovation and support.
AEM Holdings Ltd is listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange (Reuters: AEM. SI; Bloomberg: AEM SP). AEM’s head office is in Singapore.
Our Diversity Commitment
Diversity and reduced inequality are vital to our business success and integral to our people’s practices and culture. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and complying with all fair employment practices.